Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Joy of Youth aka Leap of Faith aka Bounce


~ENERGY~ My real job is wearing me out! I have had deadlines to meet, reports to complete, places to go, and people to see. Not that I'm complaining. I am reminded constantly of the seemingly endless energy of youth, and I want it, too. Heck, I'd settle for half as much energy as my little one. She is in constant motion. Occasionally I get a blur-free shot of her, but most images are "action" shots including a broad bright smile!

~FAITH~ Another thing I admire about youth is the blind faith that life is good. Bobby McFarrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy" always makes me smile. (Go ahead... hum it now... get it out of your system.) Years ago Bob Costas compiled into book form lists of favorite things from some famous people and from some lesser knowns. This book led me to compile my own list. Topping my list is the sounds of groups of children playing. My office is located near a school playground. I often get to enjoy the sound of children enjoying life and I love it!

~RESILIENCY~ Try as I might, I just need time to recover. I was out a little later than usual last night and I was tired all day. Kids, on the other hand, bounce right back. They are also quick to get over being slighted, rejected, and / or dumped. As an attempt at self improvement, I am going to take my vitamins, eat my vegetables, and imitate my kids. I want the energy, faith, and resiliency. I'll let you know how it turns out.


Life is good and kids are beautiful!

2 comments:

tootie said...

I think you are so right. We can learn so much from kids! Especially their energy and excitement for life.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I'm happy to have found yours, too!

Girl Rants said...

please see above.
your blog rocks!
this post says it all.
i heart kids too, too!
:)
dari